The Rainbow Mountain of Peru, also known as Winicunca, is stunning and can be seen on the spectacular Ausangate area. This trip that allows you to see the Rainbow Mountains requires a trek of at least 6 days (3 hours each way up and down the mountain) .
On this trek you will see quaint villages, beautiful adobe style houses, herds of llamas and alpacas and you will have magnificent views of the Ausangate Mountain (6,385 m / 20,945 ft.), the highest mountain in Cusco region.
We will pick you up between 03:00 hrs. – 03:15 hrs. Then we are going to set out on a drive through the South Valley. The drive takes around 3 hours to get Hanchipacha community where we are going to stop for breakfast. After that we are going to drive you 15 minutes more to Quesiuno community (4,326 m / 14,189 ft.), where we are going to start with the trekking of 3 hours approx. long to the rainbow mountain (most of the way is going up). In the way up we are going to be able to enjoy amazing landscapes of herds of alpacas and llamas, the Ausangate Mountain, many red mountains and traditional local houses. When we finally reach our golal the Rainbow Mountains (5,020 m / 16,466 ft.), you will have time to explore the area and take pictures.
We will spend approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour (depend of your trekking speed and weather conditions).
After the amazing view of the landscapes on the top we are going to down to the beginning of our trekking point, that take 2 hours approx. (Quesiuno community) where we are going to take our transportation to Hanchipacha community to have lunch. Then you are going to be drive to Cusco, and drop you at Regosijos square.
- Pick up from you hotel.
- Round trip transportation in our bus (bed sit).
- 1 Buffet lunch (eat as much as you like!)
- Hot drinks.
- Professional Tour Guide.
- Assistant tour Guide (only for 9 people or more)
- First Aid kit and Oxygen bottle.
- Entrance fee.
- Horse for emergencies.
- Alcoholic drinks and others not mentioned on the list
- Walking stick USD 5.00 (each).
- Rain poncho (can be bought anywhere in the city or along the trail).
- Horse for entire trip (USD 35.00)
What you need to take:
- Daypack, warm clothes (scarf, sweaters, rainjacket, gloves)
- Walking boots.
- Walking sticks.
- Rain poncho
- Sun hat + sunglasses.
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
- Extra money, minimum 250.00 soles (USD $80.00)
Level of difficulty:
- Moderately difficult/Challenging.